Watermelon Salad

Again, its been a while since I have cooked but I realized last night how much I miss the chaos and entertainment I get from cooking :-) I had a small dinner for some family members last night, and glad to say it went off without much of a problem.

watermelon salad with feta cheese. This recipe I stole from Nigella Lawson. I do love her... This again, is so simple and so refreshing.

First, chop some onions and soak in lime/lemon juice. This gets rid of the strong flavors and smells. Then cube your watermelon. I used an entire fruit as I had 10 people over last night but you can use as much as you would like. Add some similar sized cubes of feta cheese. Add some chopped parsley and mint leaves. Nigella always recommends you cut the herbs with a scissor directly over the bowl instead of a knife because all the delicious flavors end up on your chopping board instead of your dish. Very true! Then add the onions with the lime/lemon juice and splash some olive oil and you are done!! You can add some black olives as a nice colorful option but it is not necessary.. Its really yummy and you should serve cold so it is more refreshing...

0 autographs: