Dinner ideas II (contd)

So, its morning and after a cup of coffee, I feel moderately able to write a post of a few recipes.

Shrimp with Broccoli
The usual simple recipes. Clean the prawns (I used without the skin because of the eeky intestinal bits) and mix them with broccoli (duh), soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and coriander leaves. Keep in the fridge to marinade. When you are ready to cook them, just put into a pan and cook! That's it really. You don't need to add salt as the soy sauce is salty enough.


Stuffed Peppers
I don't like couscous but in a bid to be healthy one afternoon, I bought some and I never used it again. I saw it in the pantry and was thinking, maybe I should just use this one day and try it out. This recipe is in 3 parts, but it is not complicated.

Stuffing
It is part couscous and part yummy stuffing. First heat up some chicken broth to boiling point. Put to the dried couscous and add some ground up cumin and a little tumeric. Leave to soak.

The other stuffing is you cook apple (yes, apple.. Any type is fine, I used Fuji), chopped onions, coriander leaves, mushrooms, and a little crushed cloves. You cook it in a pot, don't add oil. Just cook till its well done.

Mix it with the couscous and add some raisins and nuts (cashews, almonds, whatever). That's your stuffing :-)

The Peppers
You cut off the tops, and clean out the seeds. It should look like a pretty cup. Soak them in hot water to cook and then wash them out with cold, so they retain the shape and size. Add the couscous mixture and just when you are about to serve, put into the oven (180C/350F) for 15 min.


Sorry for the bad quality pictures, I took them in the evening before serving.

0 autographs: