Workout update



So, after a month slogging away at the workout (oops Shape Up) class, I was finally weighed and checked if I had lost weight in the appropriate places. Understandably, I felt like a cow ready for slaughter, taking off my shoes (pre-workout otherwise poor Clement may need an oxygen mask for his troubles) and getting onto the scale. Clement looked surprised, I thought happily, maybe I did reach his insane goal of loosing 5kg and he asked me to step on it again... In reality, I have GAINED a kilo... Considering I practically came to every class on the weekdays (missing a few - like 1 or 3 max), you can guess my immense disappointment. However, there is SOME good news...
* Apparently, I had lost weight on my arms - considering I am punching away, thinking of Heidi Klum and her sexy body post-baby (5 weeks later!), something must be happening...

* My fat percentage has reduced - how they can tell with that hand-held device, I will never understand. Is it through pressure i.e. if you are more fat or have 'fat' hands, you tend to squeeze less, thus higher fat content? Who knows..
* My tummy and hips are still the same maybe 1/2 inch less but who's counting..

Clement is back to telling me his usual lecture about chocolate (apparently, its the devil - who knew). According to him, a teeny-weeny piece is equivalent to 3 hours of continuous workout at the gym.. Man, after one hour of kick boxing I am wiped out, I hate to know what I will be like after 3! He is also back to his usual goal of 'encouraging' me to loose 5 kgs by end Jan. Hmmm its Christmas season and thus, the season to celebrate one's voluptuous self, by enjoying Christmas traditions such as stuffing your face with as much stuff as humanly possible. I guess I will be reducing that to just stuffing myself and weeping later. He also tells me its not just reducing sugar, but more importantly, reducing the other sweet things like chocolate (there's that chocolate again...)

Anyways, I think he is right... I really should start taking care of myself, which I am trying.. but its an uphill, bloody conquering Everest battle but I am sure I can make it through.. But I suppose I will need that chip in my brain to help me through

2 autographs:

Janusis said...

This place has kick boxing? What's it called? (The place not the boxing)

Random Ramblings said...

Hi Janusis, its called Shape Up.. you see ads for it all over Havelock town. Its in Pamankada