Happiness is....

Sometimes, all it takes is a simple video to take you back to your youth... Sesame Street is now 40 years young and still going strong. I was a HUGE fan back in the day, and still catch the occasional rare clip on television. For the new generation who practically live on Anime and Ben 10, or whatever else kids watch nowadays, nothing beats a few celebrities and monsters singing along in harmony..



One of my favorite clips is of Ernie and his little rubber duckie having a harmless bath together and singing.. I used to sing this song all the time as a kid, when having a shower and it still sounds good today :-) Although, listening to it as a grownup can be a bit disturbing ("you're the one. You make bath time lots of fun... When I squeak you, you make noise") But i am willing to overlook that just for the sheer joy of reviving my youth...



One of my new favorite actors is Neil Patrick Harris.. Not only was he on one of my favorite shows as a kid, "Doogie Howser M.D" but he is always willing to have fun with his image (aka "Harold and Kumar") but he plays the best superhero of them all - the SHOE FAIRY!! What girl doesn't enjoy that ;-)



This song always moves me and I continue to sing it to my son. I think more than the lullabies, this is one of the songs I think which soothed him the most. And he's in good company... The song is more than a lovely melody, Kermit sings of a connection between people and how we can find a meaning in all the chaos around us. PS this song was nominated for an Academy Award in 1979..



I am still in shock that Sesame Street is 40 years old. I am only 27, but where did the time go? You watch kids nowadays running from tuition classes, to rushing home to quickly eat their meals, no time to spend with their families or friends.. Back in the day, we could play games with our friends out in the park, eat dinner with your parents, and watch these shows... My mum and I would bond watching this show, discussing the lessons and just overall having a good time..

So I guess this is an appropriate way to end my post by saying, "I don't want to live on the moon"...

1 autographs:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I remember going on a trip once with a group of guys, and for some reason the theme music of Sesame Street popped into my head... was humming it and soon no one could get it out of their heads for the whole trip!