Mothers Part II

Is it just me, or do mothers really not get on with their daughters? Sometimes I think I should go to a shrink (anyone can recommend someone?) just to see what's going on..

Case in point - today, while Sonny boy was eating his breakfast, Mother drops by to see us before heading into work. This is the normal procedure, which is nice and allows the grandson to indulge in healthy conversation with Acha. Anyway, we got talking about his appetite or lack of.. But I was proud of him, he was actually eating avocado which had taken me an age to get him to eat. I think the idea of green mushy fruit didn't really appeal to his palate. Anyway, Mother went on saying, "Don't feed him too much, he'll get sick of it.." Now for those who know my mum, she can be a slight bit pushy at times... anyways, in a joking way, I just said "Mum, its either i don't feed him enough and he's getting thin or i am feeding him TOO much." And she got mad at me, saying i am totally jumpy and snapping at her.. I wasn't snapping, I haven't had much sleep last night (the temperatures were too cold suddenly, then too warm).. I was not trying to be rude, but my mum is like that.. One time, she will critize me for not doing things properly, bringing up my kid wrong, feeding him junk, not making him fatter, etc. then she tries and impose her rules and conditions on me, like I am a small kid. But I am trying to do what's right for myself, my family and my child. Why does it always feel like I am doing something wrong..

Mood is very very sad now. I hope someone can comment on this..

4 autographs:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my mom *lol* I have recently implemented a new strategy to handle my mother when she starts to haa hoo on me, i say yes yes to everything she says and do something else, it makes her happy that i agree with her and she knows very well i won't do what she says but the main thing for her is that i agree with what she says. Sounds strange i know!

Unknown said...

That description fits any mother! It will fit you too in 20 years! Lol I am convinced that mothers don’t change or can’t change or don’t want to change – so pick your battles wisely. Good luck =)

Dee said...

awww...ur a great mum :) Our mum's get bit confused when the 'power' is transferred and they are just looking out :) If it's really annoying, maybe you could sit down, and have a little mom-daughter chat :)

Random Ramblings said...

Thank you for your love... I feel a lot better.. things have settled down, i think she is just stressed out with work and things like that..