Power...


One of the advantages, one would think living in an apartment would bring, is convinence and your electronic equipment would be safe from lightning storms and the like. Wrong!

On Saturday, we had a heavy rainstorm. For those not living in Colombo, or Sri Lanka for that matter, it was not raining cats and dogs - more like the entire petstore. It was crazy, and yours truly was driving around, praying that the car engine wouldn't get wet and eventually stall. Branches were scattered all over the ground, flooding was rampant thanks to the excellent drainage we have in our fair city. Along with the rain, we have our thunder and lightning. When we came home, Hubby immediately ran around, unplugging everything in sight, from computers, to the television. However, one computer wasn't unplugged and all the USBs were, in Hubby's words "completely fried".. And not happy at all. And when Hubby is not happy, run for cover...

I do not claim to be a technical sort of gal, I can install programs, use Microsoft programs, and thanks to Hubby, can make my way around Linux Mint, Ubuntu (a few years ago, I wouldn't have even known the existence of them!) and so on. I don't claim to know how things "fry" unless it's in a pan. Like I said above, I really thought (in retrospect very naive of me, especially being a native SLan) when the resident technician told me things were 'grounded' here, I truly believed him. Plus, things were connected to the UPS. But apparently, these problems can come through the television antennae. Who would have thought?

Anyway, the computer is still fried and yesterday and today, I could hear the continous moping of my dear darling Hubby, the usual stuff from "I pay for everything..." to "I am always fixing things.. I have no time for anything".. So hopefully, this will be a one-time thing, as we have to disconnect everything after he finishes fixing this thing.

Thus, brings me to my lack of posting. Things are quite quiet over here, other than the rumbles of an annoyed Hubby.. Sonny boy is constantly coming up with new sentences and amazing way of analyzing things. But nothing terribly significant.

Will post soon though...

If anyone has any suggestions on what they would like to read about - whether it is a new cooking recipe (I swear I will make something this weekend, its a toss between Lasange or Chocolate Brownies..) or a new movie review.. Let me know.. Also, I just finished reading the Dexter books, so I am planning a review on that coming up soon!

0 autographs: