Sex and the City

I was never into the whole "Sex and the City" thing... I never had a bunch of girlfriends who would regularly hang out.. Ok, sure when the few girlfriends I had did happen to meet up, we would have the whole conversation about men and how much they sucked.. and what our current boyfriends were like, and all the kinky secrets we would have... In Uni, where I was supposed to have grown up, I had a best friend, who was my Miranda/Carrie/Charlotte all in one and I hope I was that for her... Later on, I remember seeing clips of the show and I would think, "Huh.. seems interesting.. but was it that groundbreaking?"

Hubby and I just started watching the entire series. For most men, this would be sheer torture, left to the female species to get all worked up over and exert the estrogen feuds on their libidos later.. But for Hubby, strangely enough, I think he enjoys it.. Not in the same way women do, of course, but I guess it helps him understand my weirdness and makes him realize what a wonderful catch I am.

If I had to compare myself with one of those women, I would certainly not be Samantha - I do not have that sexual confidence she does, plus I am way more discrete :) Charlotte is very naive and so sweet - very unlike me.. The closest I would be is probably a mix of cynical Miranda and a complicated Carrie. Unlike Carrie though, I don't think so much into relationships.. I mean, what's the point of drama.. Its way too much effort to keep track and plus it takes up too much mental energy and time.. Miranda - she's more practical but she really needs to be a nicer person..

Anyways, we are on the second season so we have a while to go..

In the meantime, good old YouTube and I found this goody from the TV Land awards some time back, featuring one of the great comediennes Bea Arthur (from Golden Girls - a wonderful sweet sitcom which brings joy to my mum and me - that is for another post!). It shows our lovely foursome in the not-so-distant future.. always fun!

0 autographs: