2AM Wake-Up Call...


Waking up at 2am is not exactly what I call a pleasant weekend, but I will make exceptions. Tomorrow, I am off to St. Jude's in Gampaha. It is their annual Feast, and every year, my mum and I along with a bunch of family friends go up there and help the church by selling candles.

St. Jude's was not Judas, the man who betrayed Jesus. Rather, he was a great man with lots of faith. He is often pictured with a club, because ironically he was beaten to death by one.

Why do I go there? I am not Catholic but I do have a lot of faith. Some say, by going to different places of worship, you even out your chances of getting your wishes to come true but for me, this is not it. I go to the temple, I go to the Tamil Kovil, I go to church, not for anything else but spiritual fulfillment. Its honestly quite relaxing and it helps me clear out my mind.

St. Jude's in particular has helped me in a number of occasions. Once I bought some medals from there and kept them on me. This was during the time, I had my infamous fall down a 12 foot ceiling and landed in a store room, where there were many tables and chairs.. However, I happened to fall into the one little spot where thankfully nothing was there, hence sparing my nose, my face not to mention my LIFE~!

Next mini-miracle.. I was going through a bad patch and trying to decide between a 'good' decision (in my mind, but it was truly a bad choice in retrospect) and a actually good decision.. and at the same time, I was praying and lighting candles. I swear to you, everytime I asked for the 'bad' decision to come through, the candle would not light, even if I held it next to another flame. But if I asked for the 'good' decision, it lit up at once..

Coincidence?? I think not...

I am not the only one who seemed to have miracles happen to them there. I have met so many ladies who have either got cured of cancer, or any other diseases after going regularly. Maybe faith heals, or maybe its a miracle, who knows..

Anyway, its always nice to get out and do something for someone else. Its quite fun.. Good food, catch up with good gossip and have a fun time.. that's always a blast..

If you do happen to come, do come see me at the candle stand...

1 autographs:

santhoshi said...

I go to st. judes most thursdays when possible mostly one first and last. You are right about miracles happening there. I dont usually go for the feast.. Maybe will do next year..