Pearls of Wisdom



My son, being only 2 has an amazing sense of humor. Considering he's a boy, and most experts claim boys develop slower, this kid is a certified genius. It does help that he has me for a mother for that :) He says the craziest things sometimes. Case in point :-

* My mother constantly gives him snacks such as cashew nuts, raisins among others. When I asked him for some, he not only gives me 1/4 cashew, but also tells me, "I will give you later.. tomorrow". If I ask why, he very seriously informs me I have not eaten lunch!

* He has a famous story which he loves telling. One evening, one of our lights 'exploded' as in the fuse went, and the entire light just went, plunging the room int darkness. The small one remembers this and constantly says "Light poopooruna.. Damika (our electrician) ava, itapase haduwa.. mama hari bayawuna" (Basically - 'light exploded, Damika came and fixed it. I was very scared') He has told this to everyone we meet. And thinks Damika is a complete genius (which sadly, is far far from the truth)

* Now, since of late, he has been saying "Buddhu-saranai" - which means May the blessings of the Buddha be upon you. He says this to everyone, from the grandparents to the shop ladies, to the gas attendants. He gets a big kick out of it, and its a good thing to say :)

* Today, he decided to wake me up early (this is at 4am) by head butting into my nose. Not the most pleasant of things, even from the cutest of faces. As I tried to figure out sleepily whether my nose was broken, I asked him "Why don't you wake up Deevi (the nanny)?". He cheerfully replies, "Deevi is not up, she is sleeping. You are up". Well, I was sleeping...

More to come...

1 autographs:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhahahahahahah OMG he is just so CUTE!!!!