Happy endings


Yesterday I went to my cousin's wedding.. Nothing terribly unusual in that, but my cousin is in his mid or late 40s, considered quite over-the-hill for most grooms.. The bride, I think she was in her mid 30s, late 30s, I don't like to comment on women's ages.. The ceremony was beautiful, the bride looked lovely and of course the groom looked dashing (yes, I am biased, I like to think I am entitled to that)...

It almost made me cry watching them on the poruwa. One thing was, it reminded me of when Hubby and myself got married. This cousin was the man instrumental in introducing me and Hubby and as Hubby's father said, "It was the merit ("Ping" in Sinhalese) of putting you two together that caused him to meet his love".. I don't like to take the credit but I felt like a mother letting go of her favorite son. I am truly happy for him, he deserves to be happy and finally he has met the person who can do that for him...

He is such a wonderful man, and quite frankly, we had given up hope that he would ever settle down. He was not a playboy, quite the contrary but just couldn't be bothered settling down. Maybe he saw the marriage mirror cracked from watching his brothers' and sisters' matrimonies and thought this is not his cup of tea.

His mother looked so lovely and relieved that her one remaining son is finally settling down and she was glowing last night. Her husband, my mother's brother had passed away many years ago but I am sure he was proud of his youngest to finally tie the knot. All the siblings, cousins just looked on proudly..

It is lovely when two people meet each other and realize that this is meant to be.. I am not a romantic as such, but it is always nice to have a happy ending.

0 autographs: