Shape up.. Or die Trying...

My quest for finding the right exercise to torture myself continues... My usual exercise routine used to go something like this :-

And yes, I finally realized that that wasn't really going to do me any good. I have tried working out at the gym (too boring), working with an aerobics instructor (it was ok - I had friends coming there but not challenging enough) so I decided on a new torture... I finally signed up for this new place called "Shape Up" recommended to me by the hair salon I go to.. The owner claims its the best thing since sliced bread (I will ignore the fact that sliced bread is quite fatty)...

I walked in there, and sure enough, the totally fit and black-wearing trainers were all lined up having a chat. The owner of the exercise place came up to me and we chatted and soon, I signed up. He was quite the marketer, explained what exercises they do - they have routines from Kick Boxing (which I experienced - more below) to Salsasize (basically Salsa moves set to a workout tempo) to normal aerobics to Ab Attacks (yes, its THAT painful).. So I thought, what the heck.. Plus, the marketer told me, within 3 months (my over-ambitious goal) I can get somewhat of a shape back (I rather have an hourglass than the current apple).. So I signed up - 9000/= doesn't seem that bad considering I will have a good figure... right?? WRONG!

So I joined and enthusiastically ran into the class. How naive I was, in retrospect.. Billy Blanks, you have nothing on Trainer Clement! Oh, my arms, waist, tummy, butt, name it, its on fire... Forget fire, its going to explode with pain and aches..

It made me realize something - I am doing so much just to loose this fat.. is it really worth eating that piece of cake or that piece of chocolate? SO much pain just for a little bitty piece.. Its honestly not worth it, might as well avoid it.. At least I am learning this lesson sooner than later..

However, I won't be able to go for the next couple of days, Wed - cousin's wedding, Thursday - meeting at work.. so hopefully will have some time to recuperate :)

But I did sign up for 3 months, so we will see the progress I make..

10 autographs:

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

9k for 3 months?!?!?

Random Ramblings said...

Yes, but its every day (Mon-Fri).. each class is 450 per class so the maths works out like
450 x 5 = 2250 per week
2250 x 4 = 9000 for the month
so you are effectively paying for ONE month for THREE?

Anonymous said...

shite! yeah thats a lot i think, but dont stop going! i always get lazy if i stop for a day or two, so try and make it!
good luck :)

Random Ramblings said...

Thank you for the encouragement.. i will keep everyone posted with my results :)

St.Ville said...

if you're really keen do it at least 4 to 5 days a week and you will see results in 1 month and cut most of your carbs... yummy rice n curry but so important only little. the best gauge to eat rice is only a hand-full with lots of meat and veggies.. and less gravy also.. do this with 4 to 5 days weekly workout and you will regain your hourglass in no time.

Dee said...

i wanna get fitt!!

santhoshi said...

Good luck.. Since you have started on a programme i am sure it will work out..

pissu perera said...

details please? :)

where, when (do they work in the mornings), contact numbers etc?

good luck with your shaping up!

Cadence said...

I think I'll end up in the 'die trying' category!

Good luck!

Random Ramblings said...

Hi Pissu, the classes are in Pamankada.. you know where the T-junction that leads to Wellawatte, its around there (white board with "Shape Up").. Classes are mainly from 6-7pm and varies everyday.. Meet Clement!