Bring on the pain killers!

Out of all the pain you can go through, whether it is razor burn, or a wound, or a headache or phlegm headache, I think a tooth ache has to top the list. And that's exactly what i went through (and currently going through) right now. I tried to get through to my usual dentist but knowing my luck, she's out of town till the second week of October.. If I have to wait till then, I would be more likely to take out of the tooth myself with a pair of pliers - it hurts THAT much!

Anyways, I heard about this Dr. Dwight and decided to try her out. She was quite nice, friendly.. her nurse was quite good too.. but my only issue was she doesnt use gloves.. but her equipment look sterile (i hope!) and she used a new injection on me (i saw the wrapping!!).

Apparently, I have the dreaded ROOT CANAL (see picture below).



Just looking at the picture gives me the creeps. Apparently, some little pesky germ has got through a filling at the back of my mouth (top jaw) and infected something or the other. So she has to refill basically. She thankfully gave me not just one injection (the needle was HUGE!) but two so I was numb. Which brings me to - which is more painful - numbness and feeling the vibrations of the drills and other equipment or actual pain? I don't know, but I asked for plenty of drugs later!

The best thing is, she has only done 1/3 of the operation yesterday. I have to go back again in a week and let her finish the rest. She probably knew what a wimp I am. Honestly, childbirth is less painful than this...

Thankfully, I have got some drugs to get me by till next week, so if anyone speaks to me during this period, I am not always this loopy :-)

2 autographs:

santhoshi said...

I had a root canal done sometime back.. u are right its more horrid than child birth. Take care n good luck with yr next appt

Random Ramblings said...

Thanks Santhoshi, I am finally done with all my appointments and my tooth is back to normal! :)