Exercize



Exercise has truly become one of my most hatest but needed things in my life at the moment. After having Mahasen 2 years ago, it has been a constant struggle to get slimmer. I am doing it for three reasons really,

1. To get back into shape. I wasn't exactly a supermodel pre-baby, but I wasn't huge either. It would be nice to fit into some of my old skirts and blouses and damnit, i looked good!

2. To get fit. Again, I wasnt exactly Uslin Bolt, but I would manage to run around. With a 2 year old running around, its a fitness regime in itself, but one needs to be able to keep up without sounding asthmatic half the time.

3. To be able to fit into clothes that don't resemble fabric bags. Honestly, where are the stores that cater to the voluptuous build? Its either stretching across your belly or high-necked, neither looks I would like to see on myself. I look at designs from abroad, and people actually look good bigger, and here, its just sad.

How I Am Doing This
* Trying to eat healthy. When I am at home, I do try and eat healthier than most. I eat my muesli and oats every morning (no thosais or heavy curries for this mummy), and I usually have a watery soup at night. No sugar during the day, except for the occasionally biscuit - which I should really start cutting out.

But come on, I am human. We do tend to be social animals, so when we do go out, I do tend to eat my prawns.. come on, I was born on an island, seafood is in our genes!!

* I am exercising - I go for aerobics twice a week, and I try and go to the gym every day. I do the interval training or whatever it is.
0-5min - walking
5-6.5 - run
6.5-11.5 - walk
11.5-13 - run
13-18 - walk
18-19.5 - run
19.5-24.5 - walk
24.5-26 - run
26-30 - walk

However today, its been a while since I started and my knees started hurting.. ugh!

Its days like today when I wonder why I am killing myself so much. I know I just typed out justifications but still... According to recent studies, most people like me are a size 16. Is it really the health reasons, because again, according to new reports, its not as unhealthy as people believed to be a big bigger.

Is it to please society, like the promotion of whitening products for skin and teeth (you look at the marriage proposal classifieds and it reads like a 'fair and lovely' commercial). I know, my mum's constant refrain is, "Dont eat this, you're putting on weight".

Plus, it shouldn't be this difficult. I am only 27, they say this age its easier to loose weight. But why is it being this hard. I am eating quite right, I am exercising and my belly still looks pregnant!! In fact, people ask me if I am expecting another one.. ugh!! why why...

Please leave tips below

0 autographs: